Insufficient Water Intake, the Cause of Skin Health Problem
Everybody is well aware that drinking water is important and beneficial to health because it enables various bodies’ internal systems to function properly. In each day, we need to drink enough water to meet the body’s demand as our body loses water in many ways such as excretion, sweating, and breathing. As body is dehydrated or water intake is sufficient, it is also the cause of both physical health and skin health problems.
Benefits of Drinking Water
- Drinking sufficient quantity of water each time will reduce hunger, and will result in body receiving less calories due to less food intake.
- Drinking plain water also helps remove waste and fat from food that we intake in each meal.
- It helps adjusting body balance and reduces internal heat.
- Drinking water in the quantity that is sufficient for body’s demand helps reduce the risk relating to digestive system such as prevent Gastro-Esophageal RefLUX Disease or GERD because water helps dilute acid in digestive system.
- Drinking sufficient water also affects skin health making skin radiant, moist, and reduces pimple, which is the cause of facial wrinkle.
Skin health problems due to dehydration
- The first symptom of dehydrated skin or drinking insufficient water for body’s demand is dried and dull skin. When touching facial skin, you will immediately feel that the skin becomes drier.
- Dried and flaky skin can be easily noticed when applying powder or foundation and leave it for a while. Wrinkles will appear, and it will become flaky. If facial skin is very dried, makeup or powder will not stay.
Proper way to drink water
Our bodies consist of 60-70 percent water. Therefore, each day, we must drink suitable and sufficient water for body’s demand at least 6-8 glasses per day, or approximately 2 liters. Proper way to drink water is as follows;
- You should drink water immediately after waking up in the morning at least 2-4 glasses before brushing your teeth.
- Do not drink a lot of water at once, but you should sip small quantity frequently.
- Drink at least 6-8 glasses per day or 2 liters per day in order to be sufficient for body’s demand, and uses water to excrete dirt inside pores, which is one of the causes of pimple.
- While eating, you should not drink water all the time because it will dilute digestive enzyme in stomach resulting improper function of digestive system.
- You should drink a glass of water before meal, and another glass after every meal, as well as one glass before lunch, in the afternoon, and in the evening.